Each person in the PCC community must stay glued to a code of accountable behavior. This document communicates the objectives that PCC has of pupils, and it is designed to teach and guide pupils to know their duties. This Code is aligned with all the College’s Non-Discrimination declaration and shall never be administered in a manner that is discriminatory. Every work is supposed to be built to balance the requirements and legal rights associated with person using the welfare associated with the grouped community all together. This Code relates to all learning pupils, recognized pupil companies, and sets of pupils. In addition, pupils that are enrolled in particular academic programs are required to adhere to those associated scholastic and standards that are professional.
Consensual Relationship Statement
Note: The Consensual Relationship declaration is under review. For the essential policy that is up-to-date look at the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
The school seeks to keep professional, reasonable, and impartial relationships between faculty/staff and students. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils. Concerns of fairness, favoritism and coercion may arise. Consequently, faculty/staff must not participate in consensual intimate relationships along with their present pupils. Down load the relationship Statement that is consensual.
View the statement that is complete
In addition, those who supervise or assess the work of pupils must certanly be sensed become making their decisions fairly and without favoritism. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come into consensual relationships that are romantic their students.
Faculty and staff are cautioned that consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils can be unwise and problematic, and really should be prevented. Whenever consensual relationships that are romantic, concerns of fairness, favoritism, and coercion arise:
- Such relationships may undermine the true or identified integrity for the direction offered, additionally the particular trust inherent within the student-faculty relationship.
- Relationships by which one party is with in a posture to examine the task, or impact the career associated with the other may possibly provide grounds for problem whenever that relationship seems to provide undue access or benefit, limits opportunities, or produces an aggressive and unsatisfactory environment for other people.
- Such relationships may, furthermore, be less consensual than the person whose place confers energy believes. The connection may very well be observed in various means by all the ongoing events to it, particularly in retrospect. Although some relationships can start and stay harmonious, they’re prone to being characterized as disrespectful and unprofessional to other people.
Consequently, faculty/staff must not take part in consensual intimate relationships due to their present pupils.
The student should be discouraged from enrolling in courses taught by the instructor or entering into work situations in which she/he would be supervised by the staff member if a faculty or staff member has a pre-existing consensual romantic/sexual relationship with a student. The faculty/staff member should remove him/herself from academic or professional decisions concerning the student if the student does enroll in the course or work for the staff member.
Should a faculty/staff user and their pupil result in a sexual harassment fee, the school is obligated to analyze and resolve the fee according to the issue procedure within the Non-harassment Policy.
Kids on PCC Characteristics
Kids are welcome on Portland Community university campuses and properties in appropriate circumstances even though actively supervised by way of a moms and dad, guardian, or adult that is responsible. This policy describes the school’s way of making sure reasonable actions are taken fully to protect the scholarly research and work place for the university, as well as the wellness, security, and obligation dilemmas connected with kids on PCC properties. Download the young Children on PCC characteristics policy.
Young ones on campus Range
This policy relates to small kids (children) beneath the chronilogical age of 16 that are maybe not formally signed up for classes or utilized by the faculty. This policy doesn’t apply to organized tasks such as for example going to a subscribed son or daughter care center, after college care activities, college industry trips, and authorized programs including, although latin women dating not limited by, athletic occasions, movie theater productions, art programs, as well as other activities geared to kids.
Pupils underneath the chronilogical age of 16 that are formally enrolled, as well as for whom a certified underage launch type is on file aided by the Admissions Office, have a similar legal rights, obligations and privileges of every other student when you look at the class room as well as on university properties.
The faculty seeks to supply a breeding ground that is conducive to analyze and work. Kiddies must certanly be earnestly monitored by their moms and dad, guardian, or adult that is responsible all instances when these are typically on university properties.
University staff, faculty and administrators have actually the duty to direct the elimination of kid according to part 3.6 of the policy.
Unaccompanied young ones: because of security and obligation problems, except as otherwise defined in this policy, under no circumstances may unsupervised kids be on university properties, including playing, roaming, and campus that is occupying or structures.
Any university worker whom discovers a child that is unaccompanied university properties should notify Public Safety of this located area of the kid.
Young ones can not be permitted in places where their presence is troublesome or where wellness, security, and obligation dangers are identified. Areas by which young ones are NOT allowed include:
- Testing facilities
- Classrooms (if the teacher determines that the existence of kids could be unsuitable)
- Laboratories and preparation that is laboratory
- Scientific, technical and upkeep work areas
- Fine or arts that are performing areas or studios Areas containing dangerous chemical substances, equipment or equipment
- Commercial kitchen areas as well as other preparing food areas
- Fitness gyms
Areas can be defined as unsuitable for young ones due to a danger evaluation and supervisors of this particular areas are necessary to notify staff and pupils of demands or limitations.
PCC transport solutions
Whenever kiddies are people in just about any PCC automobile, including shuttle buses, the operators of those automobiles aren’t accountable for making certain child people meet kid security needs. It’s the obligation associated with care provider to ensure any young kid associated them meet with the child security needs. Where security restraints aren’t available, the care provider will guarantee the youngster is correctly seated to reduce accident that is possible injury. Failure to comply with these recommendations can lead to care and child provider being rejected transportation (as relevant to ORS 811.210).
Obligation of this University
- To give you a host conducive to analyze and work for all learning pupils, staff and site visitors.
- To give you a healthier and safe research and work place for several pupils, staff and site site site visitors and also to conform to legislative needs.
- To simply just take reasonable actions to help pupils, staff and site visitors and also require unique has to allow use of facilities and solutions.
Duties of men and women bringing young ones into the school
- To simply simply simply take reasonable actions to protect the safety and health associated with the young ones inside their care while on university properties.
- To take into account the possible danger to the safety and health of other people that could have bringing kiddies in to the university environment and also to simply take reasonable actions to shield against those dangers.
- To result in the behavior regarding the young young ones within their care, in order to not disrupt, inconvenience or endanger staff, pupils or any other site site visitors.
Obligations of PCC staff and trainers
To direct elimination of a youngster relative to this policy if:
- The little one’s safety or health are at danger;
- The little one is presenting an ongoing wellness, security or obligation danger to home or other people;
- The little one’s behavior is causing disruption that is undue the job of pupils or staff; or
- The clear presence of kid is unsuitable.
Trainers are accountable to direct the elimination of kiddies from their class. Any member of staff on duty has the authority to direct that children be removed from the area in the case of public areas.
Pupils who want to allure a particular situation, or whom are not able to comply, may stick to the Code of Scholar Conduct hearing procedure as outlined into the PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
For problems, questions, and much more information on the procedure, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Development Committee Chair: Wendy Palmer for internal questions about these policies, contact